Blog template

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

BASIC MAKEUP ESSENTIALS- Foundations- Tarte& bareMinerals

Hey Everyone!

Today I wanted to write about a post regarding basic makeup essentials that one would need if they are looking to start a makeup collection of some sort. I use mainly bareMinerals and Tarte so all of the products that I will be taking about are going to be from their collections.

1) A good base: The first thing in achieving an amazing makeup look is flawless skin. Your complexion truly makes a difference. I thought that foundation was really unnecessary but in reality it sort of is ( if you have good blemish free skin then just a little bit is enough). A good foundation will even out your skin tone, and give you a flawless finish. No joke.

My recommendations: Bare minerals READY foundation, Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour full-coverage foundation, and Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation

       
Now, this foundation retails for $29. This foundation is perfect for those newbies, as it is pressed, unlike the original formula-which can get a bit messy. This works for all skin types and has a very natural finish, so not dewy or matte but natural. My favorite way to apply this is using the Real Techniques buffing brush, as it just works it into the skin and giving you a natural finish. This foundation has worked wonders for many people, and me included, and this does not contain Bismuth Oxychloride, which caused a lot of breakout for people from their original formulation. 


So, know amount of words can describe this foundation because IT'S AMAZING!!! hehe. It is a medium-to-full coverage foundation and let me tell you-this covers EVERYTHING. I can't use this everyday because I don't need full coverage everyday. But, my skin looks flawless whenever I wear it. So it is supposed to be a matte finish foundation, but I think it becomes a little dewy as the day goes on. This foundation retails for $38 dollars. I think it is worth every penny and I would definitely repurchase! I think all skin types can get away with wearing it, but if your skin is on the drier side, I recommend prepping it with Tarte's Maracuja Oil or using a primer, as sometimes it can cling to your dry patches. 


Another powder foundation I highly recommend, is the Tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation. This is supposed to be like the liquid version only it comes in a powder form. I think I have to say that this is hands down, the best powder foundation that works for me. The mesh technology that the packaging comes with is amazing, it doesn't get messy and you pick up the right amount of product. It retails for $36, and I think the brush that was made for this product is a must with this foundation. The brush fits perfectly into the mesh and it deposits the right amount of product. The finish of this foundation is amazing. I think it's supposed to have a natural finish, but after it sets in, it gives me thisg, dewy look. The powder is finely milled and it does not look cakey or patchy at all. I think I like this one a little better than the bareMinerals one. Again, I think this works for every skin type. And it does not cling to dry patches whatsoever like the liquid one does. 


Hope this was useful!

-Krutika

No comments:

Post a Comment