Blog template

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

TARTE-BE MATTEnificent palette review/swatches

Hey Everyone,

As you might have heard, Tarte came out with their Spring collection at the beginning of this month, and a big trend in their product is Colored Clay. They launched a new Matte palette in line with the whole CC theme. This palette includes 6 matte eyeshadows, one limited edition blush, and 2 liner/shadows, and one little two-sided brush. It retails for $35 and can be found at Sephora, Sephora.com, Ulta, Ulta.com, and Tarte.com. I am pretty sure it will show up on QVC at some point but just don't know when...
As always, the packaging is so cute! I think this palette is really a good size, and great for traveling. 

As you can see the shadows are really good pink colors. I think they work on a variety of skin tones, are good for everyday looks. The shadows are very silky and smooth to the touch. The pay-off is good too, and overall I think its a keeper. Everyone should have a good Matte palette in their collection, and if you don't have one I think you should grab this up. The brown/black shadows aren't really like a regular eyeshadow, and I think they have a thicker texture. So, I would call this more of a liner/shadow. I used the brown color for my brows and the black for my lash line. The blush- ahhhmazing! I am a Tarte blush junkie, so naturally I would want a new limited-edition blush. I have tan skin, so I thought this color might not show up well, but I have to say it gives me the most natural glow ever. The color is a good nude-pink shade. You can't go wrong at all. The double ended brush is made out of good quality and definitely good for touch-ups if you are traveling. However, I would not use it to apply a full on eye look. I like the handles to be longer while applying my eyeshadows. 


I am playing around with a new DSLR camera, so I apologize for the the angle/lighting on the swatches. If you look closely you can see the blush all the way to the left. The name of the blush is called Elevated and if you go clockwise, the shadow names are the following: sand out from the crowd (base), peach for the stars (lid), two plums up (outer corner), pink outside the box (lid), rose to the occasion (crease), view from the taupe (crease), dream in chocolate (liner), don't stand back (liner). 
Again I apologize for the swatches, but I am still new to displaying colors and stuff. 
For reference, I have tan skin- and the shadows still show up on my lids. They are meant to have a soft look so don't be alarmed if the colors don't jump right at ya. I think this would be great for all skin tones, but the deeper skin tones might want to swatch it out just to make sure the colors show up and don't look ashy. But, overall, I think this is worth the $36. 

Hope this helps!
-Krutika

No comments:

Post a Comment