Blog template

Monday, February 6, 2012

Electronic Exfoliators

Hey Everyone!
Today I wanted to talk about some advanced cleansing systems and foundations. I was talking to a cousin of mine and she said she is using the new Clarisonic Mia. Basically this is an electronic exfoliating system that really gets rid of dirt, residue, etc. on your face. This one is a bit expensive and retails for about $120. She also told me of another alternative called the Olay Pro-X cleansing system. This basically does the same thing but instead of $120 it is $30. It is smaller than the Clarisonic and has less functions, but it does the job. The one thing I like about this is that the brush rotates in a circular motion instead of just vibrating. I have been using it with my black soap every time I wear makeup and it completely removes everything. I think a Clarisonic is a good option if you are 20 years or older, but for right now I am completely happy with the Olay. You can purchase the Clarisonic online, Sephora, Ulta,etc. The Olay can be bought anywhere. Both of them are really good buys and leave your skin tight and fresh looking!


Now.. foundations!

Foundations are worn just to even out skin tones, and give a bit of coverage. I have started using Bare Minerals Matte foundation a while ago and have been completely happy with it. Its very sheer, natural looking, and doesn't feel cakey at all. The one drawback I found was that it wasn't covering some of the scars that I have. I thought about buying their concealer but, the shades didn't match my skin tone. I went looking for a concealer couple weeks ago and ended up going to the Origins counter in Macy's- always natural :). I picked out the Stay Tuned foundation and am using it as a concealer. It is very light, and has a slight smell to it that's very pleasant. I was looking for more of a dewy finish and this has been great. Another product I saw at the counter was something called Origins VitaZing Moisturizer. Basically it is white in color but when dabbed onto the skin it changes to suit your skin color. So it is like a sheer tinted moisturizer. I really wanted to purchase it but it is $35 :(. Will wait for a while to get it. Overall, Bare Escentuals and Origins are two companies that I strongly recommend. You can never go wrong with them. Just make sure you have someone put in on you and remember to match the foundation to the color of your neck so when you put in on your face, it blends seamlessly into your neck. 


http://www.origins.com/index.tmpl
https://www.bareescentuals.com/


Also, please leave me comments and suggestions as to what you would want to see me review!
                                                                                                                              -Krutika

No comments:

Post a Comment